Why Technical Charts?
Yes, this is most common question a normal trader would ask, i.e why there is actually a need to use Technical Charts?
In-fact, I too had the same question in mind when I started just started to trade. Well, Technical charts are very useful to any trader who seeks to understand how a stock reacts to previous trends and well as helps him to foresee future events for a stock.
Imagine, if you wanted to look at the price of a script say 4-5 months ago, yes, you could get the data in a tabular form, but it would be very confusing, as searching for a particular date would be very difficult, on the other had, consider a CandleStick Technical chart, using a chart you could easily browse the stock open, high, low & close rates for a rage of dates. This would also help you know the trend of a particular stock.
Moreover, Technical charts with various Indicators such as RSI, Ichimoku clould and DMA’s can help you predict where a stock is likely to go in the next couple of days and even weeks. Technical charts are also used to predict the entry and exit levels of a asset.
Technicians say that a market’s price reflects all relevant information, so their analysis looks more at “internals” than at “externals” such as news events. Price action also tends to repeat itself because investors collectively tend toward patterned behavior – hence technicians’ focus on identifiable trends and conditions.
Technical analysis is frequently contrasted with fundamental analysis, the study of economic factors that influence prices in financial markets. Technical analysis holds that prices already reflect all such influences before investors are aware of them, hence the study of price action alone. Some traders use technical or fundamental analysis exclusively, while others use both types to make trading decisions.
Users of technical analysis are most often called technicians or market technicians. Some prefer the term technical market analyst or simply market analyst. An older term, chartist, is sometimes used, but as the discipline has expanded and modernized the use of the term chartist has become rare.
Types of Charts
OHLC – Open High Low Close charts plot the high and low of the price movement vertically and the open and close horizontally. Used to graph range and outliers.
Candlestick chart – Similar to OHLC, but open and close are filled. Often Black or Red candles represent a close lower than the open. While White, Green or Blue candles represent a close higher than the open.
Line chart – Connects each closing interval together on a line
Over the past several decades Technical Analysis with quality charts, have proven and given traders more returns on their Investment.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Chacko Sir, Can I invest in BHARATIDIL for...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- a2b dear cb tgt for idea andonmobile for t...In Intraday calls for 28-02-17
- Vasavi Hi cb Tfcil short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ram Hi cb sir, What's the growth of solar...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Krishna Hi CB, I bought fedder llyod @70.. can...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- devjani Sir hdfc future intra level please.....In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Jayant I have spicejet@74 Should I hold or ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Dish NMDC intraday target pls...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- devjani Sir, union bank future intraday level ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ron TRITURBINE intraday target ??...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ron Axis bank intraday upside and downsid...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Rajesh Suggest best stock picks for intraday ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- ninad Hi CB, your view on vedanta for today ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17