What is Support?
Support can be defined as a level from which a stock tends to bounce back. Its a level which indicates that the stock is likely to witness some fresh buying, and some upside is possible in the next coming days. Its is an awareness of patterns associated with support zones (areas usually associated with previous trading ranges, in which prices find support against further decline) enables investors to more accurately define the direction of significant market trends. Such patterns also suggest areas in which price reversals are likely to take place.
Stock never advance in a straight line, they tend to go up in a series of advance’s, flat or retracement period, further advance, another flat or retracement period, and so forth.
Identifying the support level of stock is merely done by looking at the last 3-4 low’s of the stock from which it bounced back, but it takes some practice and is somewhat subjective because there are points that can be considered weak support or resistance and strong support or resistance. Supports are areas where prices tend to consolidate and reverse. Support provides support to prices that are declining.
Determining the strength of the Support levels also plays an important, this is done by counting how many times did the stock price hold prices from dipping further, in other words counting the number of times the stock bounced back from its support levels, The more times it appreciated, the stronger and more significant the support point.
Once it made a close above 49-50, it made a high of 62, this indicates the importance of a support levels, but if the stock would have gone below is support level of 48, it could easily see 35 levels. A trader should only make a buy decision once he witnesses some buying interest in the stock.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Prashant Dear Sirji Have short Tata motors ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good Morning CB sir what levels can se...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- seema What might be the reliance target now?...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir good afternoon, Kotak bank sust...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- srinivas Hi CB, Can i buy ONGC for mid term? Th...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- priya Does M&M call still holds?...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- sheeja Oh really..thanks for your great advic...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB ill be back in some time...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Aniket Biswas, can test 125 Hi S...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Sunny modi Hello cb, What nifty level you expect...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Aniket Biswas ok cb, idea 5 days holding target plz...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Aravind, most welcome. Hi kumar,...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- kumar Hi CB, View on Arman Financial, Ram...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17