Banking Bill paves way for new banks, foreign investment
The government on Tuesday cleared the decks for the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) to initiate the process to issue new banking licences and widened the window for infusion of capital into the banking sector.
The Lok Sabha cleared the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011, after Finance Minister P Chidambaram agreed to drop the contentious proposal on allowing banks to do futures trading. He also clarified status quo would be maintained on the jurisdictions of RBI and the Competition Commission of India ( CCI) in the banking sector.
“Since it is important that the Bill is passed, I am dropping the controversial clauses.” While the central bank would regulate the banking sector, the competition watchdog would look at anti-competitive practices, Chidambaram said.
|BANKING LAWS (AMENDMENT) BILL, 2011|
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- pavan Hi CB sir...how is FIEM ind for 3 to 6...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- Sham Cb sir, can i buy orientref (31163) fo...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- CB Hi shirdu, as of now seems could test ...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- CB Hi TAPAN, no new call yet. shall look ...In Technical View:: Nifty, Tata coffee & Praj Industries
- shirdu Hi cb, what is you view about indian m...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- dinesh Hi cb, what is you view about indian m...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- TradeWarrior For Nifty Tips and Levels please visit...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- sanjay Hi cb sir bank nifty level manday...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14
- TAPAN CB Sir, NOW THIS COMING WEEK ANY SWIN...In Technical View:: Nifty, Tata coffee & Praj Industries
- CB Hi pruthvi, can add some of praj ind a...In Intraday calls for 21-11-14