Banking Bill paves way for new banks, foreign investment
The government on Tuesday cleared the decks for the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) to initiate the process to issue new banking licences and widened the window for infusion of capital into the banking sector.
The Lok Sabha cleared the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011, after Finance Minister P Chidambaram agreed to drop the contentious proposal on allowing banks to do futures trading. He also clarified status quo would be maintained on the jurisdictions of RBI and the Competition Commission of India ( CCI) in the banking sector.
“Since it is important that the Bill is passed, I am dropping the controversial clauses.” While the central bank would regulate the banking sector, the competition watchdog would look at anti-competitive practices, Chidambaram said.
|BANKING LAWS (AMENDMENT) BILL, 2011|
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi Finfreak, Kitex above 478 can test ...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- Finfreak CB Sir, Please share views on Kitex...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- CB Hi ND, as of now seems like a flattish...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- NIZ "Assume that you have bought a 10 year...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- HiteshG Dear CB Sir, Wishing you a very Happy...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- NIZ sir my holdings lic @336 religare @ 36...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- ND Sir, Also suggest target for AuroPharm...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- ND Hi CB, Where do u see nifty on monday...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14