Markets extend gains led by financial shares
BSE FMCG and Oil & Gas indices have surged by almost 2% followed by counters like Metal, PSU, Capital Goods, Banks, Power, Consumer Durable and Healthcare, all gaining by 1% each.
Benchmark indices have extended the gains in late noon trades, amid value buying at lower level and short covering by traders, led by financials.
By 1420, the Sensex was up 200 points at 19,614 and the Nifty has gained 63 points to 5,926.
Devangshu Datta, Technical Analyst says “Some selling pressure can be above 5910. Futures premium is at 15-20. Support at 5,880. Use that as stop loss if you go long. Upside could be till 5,945 if resistance at 5,915-5,920 is broken.”
On the global front, Japan’s Nikkei share average ended at a new 53-month high on Friday, as exporters and real estate shares rose helped by bullish U.S. data, a weakening yen, and ongoing optimism aggressive easing will soon be adopted by the Bank of Japan’s new leadership.
The Nikkei advanced 2.6 percent to 12,283.62, its highest closing level since September 2008. For the week, the index gained 5.8 percent, the biggest weekly gain since December 2011.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- ASHOKBHAI Positional Option ........ AXISBANK 4...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Damodar Sir, plz give nifty support level in ...In Contact Us
- seema How do you interpret Sasken numbers? i...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Hiten GACL (530001)- Great buy at CMP 397 ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- SWAMY Hi CB I have 950 shares of ESCORT for...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- sourabh Tomorrow is not expiry. correct me if ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Arnav Hi CB Your view on bank nifty holding ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB ill be back in some time.....In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB Hi Neetu, exit 50% from bfu for now. s...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Shalini Short term target for Hexatrade, Merck...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Neetu Holding BF utilities @450 and TV 18 @ ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB Hi Shailu, yes, does look strng....In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Shailu hi CB. Does Jm Fin call still holds g...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17