Markets extend gains led by financial shares
BSE FMCG and Oil & Gas indices have surged by almost 2% followed by counters like Metal, PSU, Capital Goods, Banks, Power, Consumer Durable and Healthcare, all gaining by 1% each.
Benchmark indices have extended the gains in late noon trades, amid value buying at lower level and short covering by traders, led by financials.
By 1420, the Sensex was up 200 points at 19,614 and the Nifty has gained 63 points to 5,926.
Devangshu Datta, Technical Analyst says “Some selling pressure can be above 5910. Futures premium is at 15-20. Support at 5,880. Use that as stop loss if you go long. Upside could be till 5,945 if resistance at 5,915-5,920 is broken.”
On the global front, Japan’s Nikkei share average ended at a new 53-month high on Friday, as exporters and real estate shares rose helped by bullish U.S. data, a weakening yen, and ongoing optimism aggressive easing will soon be adopted by the Bank of Japan’s new leadership.
The Nikkei advanced 2.6 percent to 12,283.62, its highest closing level since September 2008. For the week, the index gained 5.8 percent, the biggest weekly gain since December 2011.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- TAJ sir ji bhel bought @ 184,view 2morrow ...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- PKP Sir bought today HUL 580 ce pls sugges...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- K M Chacko Sir, What about Maruthi for another...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- subin Sir my query abt sunpharma......In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- Kartik Hi Sona, it can see soem short coverin...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- Kartik sorry guys, just came back Bharti a...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- Sona Hi CB...wots tomorrows trend of INDUSI...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- peace Hi K K, Hi Robotguy, Kind of you to ha...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- subin Jan IIP at 0.1%; Feb CPI inflation sta...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14
- subin Hi cb..ur view on sunpharma after its ...In Intraday calls for 12-03-14