Markets extend gains led by financial shares
BSE FMCG and Oil & Gas indices have surged by almost 2% followed by counters like Metal, PSU, Capital Goods, Banks, Power, Consumer Durable and Healthcare, all gaining by 1% each.
Benchmark indices have extended the gains in late noon trades, amid value buying at lower level and short covering by traders, led by financials.
By 1420, the Sensex was up 200 points at 19,614 and the Nifty has gained 63 points to 5,926.
Devangshu Datta, Technical Analyst says “Some selling pressure can be above 5910. Futures premium is at 15-20. Support at 5,880. Use that as stop loss if you go long. Upside could be till 5,945 if resistance at 5,915-5,920 is broken.”
On the global front, Japan’s Nikkei share average ended at a new 53-month high on Friday, as exporters and real estate shares rose helped by bullish U.S. data, a weakening yen, and ongoing optimism aggressive easing will soon be adopted by the Bank of Japan’s new leadership.
The Nikkei advanced 2.6 percent to 12,283.62, its highest closing level since September 2008. For the week, the index gained 5.8 percent, the biggest weekly gain since December 2011.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Chacko Sir, Can I invest in BHARATIDIL for...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- a2b dear cb tgt for idea andonmobile for t...In Intraday calls for 28-02-17
- Vasavi Hi cb Tfcil short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ram Hi cb sir, What's the growth of solar...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Krishna Hi CB, I bought fedder llyod @70.. can...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- devjani Sir hdfc future intra level please.....In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Jayant I have spicejet@74 Should I hold or ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Dish NMDC intraday target pls...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- devjani Sir, union bank future intraday level ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ron TRITURBINE intraday target ??...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Ron Axis bank intraday upside and downsid...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- Rajesh Suggest best stock picks for intraday ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17
- ninad Hi CB, your view on vedanta for today ...In Intraday calls for 29-03-17