International news of the week
Cairo: Egypt’s military leadership vows to oversee a “peaceful transition” to democracy and pledges its commitment to all international treaties, a day after Hosni Mubarak bowed out as President in the wake of an unprecedented uprising against his 30-year rule.
Islamabad: The 16-day stand-off between the US and Pakistan over an American official arrested for gunning down two men in Lahore has resulted in the cancellation of a crucial trilateral meeting that was to be held later this month in Washington to discuss the emerging situation in Afghanistan.
New York: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton assures External Affairs Minister S M Krishna that the issue of Indian students enrolled in the now closed Tri Valley University would receive her promptest attention and that “justice” would be done.
Dubai: Bahrain’s security forces set up checkpoints and clashed with marchers in at least one village as opposition groups blanketed social media sites with calls to stage the first major anti-government protests in the Gulf since the uprising in Egypt.
Islamabad: Pakistan asks India to immediately end the “protective custody” of noted singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, detained in New Delhi for allegedly carrying a large amount of undeclared foreign currency.
Tehran: Riot police fires tear gas and paintballs at protesters staging anti-government demonstrations in Tehran under the pretext of rallies supporting Arab uprisings, websites and witnesses said.
Lahore: The US administration seeks to address public anger in Pakistan over an American official, who shot and killed two men, by saying that the Department of Justice will conduct a criminal investigation into the incident despite his diplomatic immunity.
Cairo: Days after the toppling of the regime, the Egyptian military led government has asked US and European Union to freeze the assets of top henchmen of ousted Hosni Mubarak, but remains mum on the bounty of the deposed president.
Islamabad: As a tense US-Pak standoff persists over diplomatic immunity to an American official arrested for killing two men in Lahore, Pakistan’s top leadership made it clear that the fate of the accused would be decided by the courts or relatives of the victims.
Melbourne: Australian Federal Resource Minister Martin Ferguson asks his Labor government to modernise its policy and lift the ban on sale of uranium to India as it deserves special consideration.
Colombo: In a move that could trigger fresh outrage in India, Sri Lankan Police has detained another 24 Indian fishermen, taking the total number of Tamil Nadu fishermen in their custody in the past two days to 136.
Washington: US President Barack Obama asks Bahrain not to use force against peaceful protesters, as the army in the tiny Gulf kingdom vowed “strict measures” to restore order after a violent raid on anti-regime demonstrators that left four people dead and scores wounded.
Boston: At least six Indian-origin persons are among over 100 doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals arrested on charges of alleged involvement in a massive Medicare fraud estimated at $225 million, in one of the biggest crackdowns on healthcare fraud-related crimes in the US.
Cairo: Tens of thousands of Egyptians pack the Tahrir Square here, the flash point of the pro-democracy protests that toppled President Hosni Mubarak, for a “victory march”, even as an influential cleric asked military to sack the cabinet dominated by old-regime figures.
source: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- seema WHAT will be your take on Reliance, Ta...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Ron Any one here...can you share target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- satheesh Hi CB Sir, Can I purchase Wipro share ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- nani hi CB sir, i am new into Derivatives, ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU ADANI TARGET ACHIEVED...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- sureshctc Sir, Where do you see nifty ends toda...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU SELL ADANI ENT BUY 123...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Karthik CB sir, Still holding castrol ind a...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- srinivas Hi CB, I have currently bought Indocou...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RAVIKUMAR hi cb, gud mrng.. what is the target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RMK Hi CB Good Morning! Cud u pl suggest...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Taj Hi cb sir, holding bpl limited 82.6 hu...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Sudesh Gm CB sir... any intraday suggestion ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17