FII’s Buy stocks worth 2102 cr’s today
FII’s today seemed to have resumed their bulk buying, they made purchases of 2102 cr. in Cash Market today, keeping the Markets strong. DII’s on the other had remained net setters worth 1354.81 cr’s.
Indices opened on a flat and gained momentum as the session progressed. Later positive opening of European markets pushed the indices above psychological resistance levels.
Nifty ended at 6233.90, up 143 points (2.35 %). It managed to hit a high of 6240.25 and low of 6089.75. Sensex closed at 20687.88, up 484.54 points (2.40 %). The index touched a high of 20703.97 and low of 20211.66.
After seeing some profit booking for the past 2 days, the bulls came back in full strength to settle the score today. IT and FMCG shares were the most sought on hopes of strong Q2 numbers. Realty stocks also witnessed some buying.
Debutant Va Tech Wabag zoomed over 30% to Rs 1,709. The counter clocked a volume of 5.2 million shares on the BSE.
The Mid-caps and small-caps kind of under-performed the large-caps. The BSE mid-cap and small-cap indexex were up around 1% each as against a 2.4% gain on the benchmark Sensex. All the BSE sectoral indices ended in the green BSE IT index was the top gainer, adding by 3.1%, followed by the BSE Teck index (up 2.7%) and BSE Capital Goods index (up 2.6%).
The European indices were trading higher as well, the DAX in Germany was up 1.4%, the CAC 40 index in France also up 1.4% and FTSE index in UK up 1.2%.
HDFC (4.60%), TCS (4.56%), Wipro (4.48%), L&T (4.04%) and Jaiprakash Associates (4.01%) were the top Sensex gainers.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- RAHUL HI CB SIR, I BOUGHT M&M SEP CE 140...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- nath DEAR CB SIR, WHAT WOULD BE THE T...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- umesh SIR, HOLDING ARVIND CALL OPTION 330@ ...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- r123 Sir, Your view FinaTech bgt @ 262. sh...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- nath GOOD EVENING MR CB SIR, WHAT WOULD ...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Grd Hi CB, sellers are squeezed by todays ...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Malav can i hold Kolte-Patil till tomorrow?...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Malav CB sir, losing badly in Kolte-Patil. (...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Suresh M hi CB whats the next resistance for ni...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Prathmesh Goodafternoon CB sir, Arti Ind is almo...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- GJ HI CB, Any BTST call please?...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Rajasekar Hi CB, i bought nifty 8000pe @17 &...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14
- Snehal Hi CB, Bought Manappuram at 30.70 100 ...In Intraday calls for 18-09-14