FII’s Buy stocks worth 2102 cr’s today
FII’s today seemed to have resumed their bulk buying, they made purchases of 2102 cr. in Cash Market today, keeping the Markets strong. DII’s on the other had remained net setters worth 1354.81 cr’s.
Indices opened on a flat and gained momentum as the session progressed. Later positive opening of European markets pushed the indices above psychological resistance levels.
Nifty ended at 6233.90, up 143 points (2.35 %). It managed to hit a high of 6240.25 and low of 6089.75. Sensex closed at 20687.88, up 484.54 points (2.40 %). The index touched a high of 20703.97 and low of 20211.66.
After seeing some profit booking for the past 2 days, the bulls came back in full strength to settle the score today. IT and FMCG shares were the most sought on hopes of strong Q2 numbers. Realty stocks also witnessed some buying.
Debutant Va Tech Wabag zoomed over 30% to Rs 1,709. The counter clocked a volume of 5.2 million shares on the BSE.
The Mid-caps and small-caps kind of under-performed the large-caps. The BSE mid-cap and small-cap indexex were up around 1% each as against a 2.4% gain on the benchmark Sensex. All the BSE sectoral indices ended in the green BSE IT index was the top gainer, adding by 3.1%, followed by the BSE Teck index (up 2.7%) and BSE Capital Goods index (up 2.6%).
The European indices were trading higher as well, the DAX in Germany was up 1.4%, the CAC 40 index in France also up 1.4% and FTSE index in UK up 1.2%.
HDFC (4.60%), TCS (4.56%), Wipro (4.48%), L&T (4.04%) and Jaiprakash Associates (4.01%) were the top Sensex gainers.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- ASHOKBHAI Positional Option ........ AXISBANK 4...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Damodar Sir, plz give nifty support level in ...In Contact Us
- seema How do you interpret Sasken numbers? i...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Hiten GACL (530001)- Great buy at CMP 397 ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- SWAMY Hi CB I have 950 shares of ESCORT for...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- sourabh Tomorrow is not expiry. correct me if ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Arnav Hi CB Your view on bank nifty holding ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB ill be back in some time.....In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB Hi Neetu, exit 50% from bfu for now. s...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Shalini Short term target for Hexatrade, Merck...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Neetu Holding BF utilities @450 and TV 18 @ ...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- CB Hi Shailu, yes, does look strng....In Intraday calls for 18-01-17
- Shailu hi CB. Does Jm Fin call still holds g...In Intraday calls for 18-01-17