EC nod for TV channel named after Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Launched under BJP’s supervision and carrying Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s initials, the new ‘NaMo Gujarat’ television channel on Friday got the Election Commission’s nod but with some riders in the election-bound state where model code of conduct is in force.
The new TV channel was launched a day after the announcement of the Assembly Election schedule in the state, only to be shut within a day on October 05, pending clearances.
The Commission has now cleared the channel launch but has put certain conditions for monitoring political advertisements and possible paid news on the channel during the election period, highly placed sources in the EC told a news agency.
The poll body gave its nod after the District Electoral Officer of Ahmedabad, where the channel is headquartered, had sought the EC’s permission before granting licence to it.
Imposing certain conditions on the channel, the Commission said all political advertisements relayed during election period will have to be first cleared by Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) before telecast. It also asked the DEO to ensure that all relevant provisions of the Model Code of Conduct are strictly adhered to by the channel.
Permitting reporting of campaigns in a ‘newsworthy’ manner the EC said that “when in the garb of news, the campaign becomes publicity or advertisement for a candidate, it is to be examined by the Committee as case of suspected paid news.”
For the ‘NaMo Gujarat’ channel, the state BJP unit has partnered with five local Gujarati satellite channels in the state to broadcast its contents, highlighting Modi’s development initiatives and will be aired by all cable networks, direct-to-home (DTH) and digital TV viewers.
The project has been launched under supervision of state Industries Minister Saurabh Patel and BJP’s Parindu Bhagat, both close aides of the chief minister.
‘NaMo’ is named after Narendra Modi’s initials and also means “bowing down” in Gujarati.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- ninad Hi CB, your view on DHFL and adani po...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Prathmesh, Good morning. most welco...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- TAPAN CB SIR, HEXA TRADEX NOT MOVING SO MUCH...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Jaikumar Hi cb Can I buy m &m march ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- SANJIV shill i buy relince future...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good afternoon CB sir, many thnx....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi mayank, yes, its facing strong resi...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Prashant, its a hold. can test 455....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- mayank Sir your view on ongc As so many good...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prashant Dear Sirji Have short Tata motors ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good Morning CB sir what levels can se...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17