Dow Hits All-Time High
In the face of great skepticism and a laundry list of reasons why it shouldn’t be happening, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) burst higher in early trading today, eclipsing the previous closing high of 14,164 set on October 9, 2007. As it stands, the DJIA is also trading above the record intraday high of 14,198.
While the Dow’s move into all-time high territory was not entirely unexpected, it is nonetheless a momentous achievement. Of particular note is the fact that today’s record comes just four days shy of what will be the index’s 4th anniversary of its low, which was set almost 4,000 points ago on March 9, 2009.
As my co-host Jeff Macke and I discuss in the attached video, the final leg of the blue chip benchmark’s journey was a drive of almost unstoppable determination, that was able to overcome obstacle after obstacle that many feared would see it stumble before reaching the goal.
source: Yahoo Finance
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- UMESH YOUR VIEW ON IDEA CELLULAR WILL BE HIG...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- UMESH SIR ALSO TRAPPED IN DLF PUT OPTION 150...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- UMESH SIR HOLDING ADANI PORT 320 CALL OPTIO...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- VENU Hi, please suggest whether to hold r e...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- srk cb sir , ashok leyland will see higher...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- Rajkumar hi cb sir, bhel got 5000 crs order fro...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- srk cb sir , can i buy strides at CMP?...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15
- RK Hi CB, I had shorted bajaj auto future...In Intraday calls for 30-03-15