Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
New York: Hours before Donald J Trump will take oath as the 45th President of the United States of America, massive protests have broken out in the Big Apple and Washington.
housands of people are out on the streets with placards that read “”Stop Trump/Pence Fascist Regime”, “Keep your laws off my body”,”Fight Trump every day” and “justice and civil rights for all,” among others.
The protesters took to the streets and held protests outside Trump International Hotel and Tower, and then marched a few blocks from the Trump Tower where the businessman-turned-President lives.
A host of A-list celebrities also made their presence felt at the protest site. Actor Robert De Niro, Oscar-winning filmmaker Michael Moore, singer Cher, comedian Alec Baldwin and New York Mayor Bill De Blasio joined the noisy protests.
“Donald Trump may control Washington, but we control our destiny as Americans,” de Blasio said. “We don’t fear the future. We think the future is bright if the people’s voices are heard.”
While New York is Trumps’s hometwon, a majority of people voted for his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in last year’s election.
Meanwhile, Washington has turned into a virtual fortress ahead of Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, even as people took to the streets in the federal capital to express their displeasure with his coming administration.
Hundreds of protesters clashed with police clad in riot gear who used pepper spray against some of the crowd, according to footage on social media.
Close to a millon people, both Trump backers and opponents, are expected to flood Washington for the inauguration ceremony, according to estimates. Events include the swearing-in ceremony on the steps of the US Capitol and a parade to the White House along streets thronged with spectators.
While Washington is used to protests being carried out by different groups but as the police the number of planned protests and rallies this year is far above what has been typical at recent presidential inaugurations, with some 30 permits granted in Washington for anti-Trump rallies and sympathy protests planned in cities from Boston to Los Angeles, and outside the US in cities including London and Sydney.
For more visit: Zeenews.com
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- seema Idea broke 90...now where will it go? ...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- John Cb sir, I have nifty pe 9000 at 30. 5...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- DVL Sir Eros intrnl Continuously rally fro...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- Rajesh is 2marrow market is there ?...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- Apu hi cb, sir can i hold MRF for 2-3 days...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- jagadish Hi CB good afternoon. Your view on ...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- chandu Hi CB, your view on IGL sell...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- Prathmesh Thnx CB sir, as I am holding 5000 Sail...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- CB Hi Sunil, most welcome....In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- CB Hi AJ, its a hold. can test 620...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- Sunil Thank you CB...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- AJ CB, my query on DMART pls...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17
- CB Hi Rajasekar, not yet. wait for some d...In Intraday calls for 27-03-17