Black money: red-faced Govt not to reveal names
New Delhi: A day after the Government came under attack from the supreme court over black money stashed abroad, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has raised the issue in the cabinet.
The issue could see the Government facing fresh opposition attack in the Budget session. And sources told CNN IBN that the g Government not likely to reveal the details.
The government seems so much red faced over the black money issue that a Cabinet meeting was held on Thursday and the Prime Minister broached the topic of black money.
Sources said, during a discussion on an overseas project the Prime Minister advised caution and expressed concern that the black money issue was grabbing headlines.
Mamata Banerjee too was aware that the left could make it an election issue and insisted that the Government needed to act soon.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee stepped in and assured that he would clear the air soon.
“The Government is committed to bring all those money and find out the truth” said Defence Minster AK Antony.
The Government is unwilling to yield much, but is trying to make the right noises with the Central Bureau of Direct Taxes (CBDT) announced that it had recovered Rs 44.2 crore of unaccounted money.
“In a search and seizure operation conducted by the Income Tax Department yesterday and day-before, unaccounted amounting to Rs 44.2 crore was seized,” CBDT in a statement.
Also, a day before the GoM on corruption, another GoM ratified a UN convention on corruption, which means India will work along with other countries in dealing with cases of tax evasion, illegal investments and even black money. Yet the Government is clear that no names will be revealed.
The Prime Minister may be embarrassed, but the measures may not cut the ice with the Opposition, which would have yet another issue to corner the Government on during the Budget Session.
source: IBN Live
- Narendra Modi’s Cabinet takes first decision, forms SIT to unearth black money
- Black money list revealed, 15 Indians named
- Swiss govt prepares list of Indians with suspected black money
- More than Rs 65,250 cr black money disclosed under Income Disclosure Scheme
- Govt agrees to JPC probe into telecom scam
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- ninad Hi CB, your view on DHFL and adani po...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Prathmesh, Good morning. most welco...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- TAPAN CB SIR, HEXA TRADEX NOT MOVING SO MUCH...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Jaikumar Hi cb Can I buy m &m march ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- SANJIV shill i buy relince future...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good afternoon CB sir, many thnx....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi mayank, yes, its facing strong resi...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Prashant, its a hold. can test 455....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- mayank Sir your view on ongc As so many good...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prashant Dear Sirji Have short Tata motors ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good Morning CB sir what levels can se...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17