IPOs- How to make money
Like all investments, IPOs are also not risk free. However you can manage the risk by carrying out due diligence and planning.
Never follow the herd mentality. Be yourself. Remember how much effort you make while making purchase decisions for your other needs. Investment in IPOs is no different.
Remember to limit your investment within Rs. 100000/- if you want to be called as retail investor. There are quotas available for retail investors and which are not available for high net worth investors. So do your calculations correctly.
Also remember that not all shares you are bidding for would be allotted to you. Share allotment is based on proportionate allotment system depending upon the number of persons who have bid for that number of shares in which category you fall. In case of good issues, you may get far less number of shares than what you have bid for.
If you believe that adequate disclosures were not made by the company, you can make a complaint to the lead manager to the issue or SEBI against the company for misleading investors.
During bull run, a number of fly by night companies tend to take investors for a ride. Beware. Remember we are in disclosure based regime and not merit based regime. This means that any company which meets the requirements can come out with a public issue provided adequate disclosures are made. So be careful about such operators.
Plan for a long term investment. Good investment for a longer period of time will give decent returns.
Not all issues coming with huge premiums are good and not all issues coming with low premiums are inexpensive. Pricing is an important factor and need to be considered carefully.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Raj Hi CB, please suggest about Dishman Ph...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Mkkamboj, it has good support at 50...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Mkkamboj Your view on Raymond syn. On Monday ta...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi ramaswamy, it is going a bit weak. ...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Ramana26, Good morning Hi P. Ven...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- ramaswamy sir ima holdig div lap future 830...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Ramana26 Hi...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- P. Venkata Ramana Hi CB, I bought Acc fut @ 1350, hold o...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- siva hi cb your views on supreme tex pls...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Swamy, it has strng support at 335-...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Swamy Hi CB I have 750 shares of ESCORT for...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Premsagar, most welcome....In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Premsagar Hi CB, Thanks you Sir...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17