What is Resistance?
Resistance can be defined as a level from which a stock tends to go down. Its a level which indicates that the stock is likely to witness some profit booking, and some downside is possible in the next coming days.
Its is an awareness of patterns associated with resistance zones (areas usually associated with previous trading ranges, in which prices find resistance against further upside) enables investors to more accurately define the direction of significant market trends. S
Identifying the Resistance level of stock is merely done by looking at the last 3-4 high’s of the stock from which it declined, but it takes some practice and is somewhat subjective because there are points that can be considered weak support or resistance and strong support or resistance. Resistance are areas where prices tend to consolidate and reverse. Resistance provides resistance to prices that are shooting pu.
Determining the strength of the Resistance levels also plays an important role, this is done by counting how many times did the stock price declined prices from shooting up further, in other words counting the number of times the stock declined from its support levels, The more times it declined, the stronger and more significant the Resistance point.
But, once a stock successfully crosses its resistance, some more upside can be seen in the stock.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Dbs8 Hai CB I have bought hdil @63.7 for in...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- PONNU BUY PETRONET AND SELL 371...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- DVL THANK U SIR KWALITY TGT FOR SHORT TERM...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Ram Dear CB, Looking for short term inv...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- R.K.Rajan Sir,GBPINR is now 83.85,In future it w...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- siva hi cb your views on supreme tex...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- SUMIT What is targeting of hov service for t...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB ill be back in some time...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB Hi Aniket Biswas, it is going strong. ...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- srvkarur hi cb, could i buy kpit tech & ...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Aniket Biswas hello cb, tatamotors short sell target...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB Hi Sona, most welcome....In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Sona Hi CB, oh..ok..got it...thanks...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17