US listed Indian stocks rebound; gain $11 bn
A sharp recovery in the global markets drove Indian stocks listed on American bourses to gain over USD 11 billion collectively in a single day led by IT major Wipro. The shares of 16 Indian companies listed on Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange have collectively seen a value increase of over USD 11.54 billion on Monday against the cumulative loss of USD 19.45 billion they suffered during the week ending October 10.
Wall Street yesterday saw its biggest rally in 75 years, with Dow Jones index shooting up more than 11 per cent.
The tech-heavy Nasdaq jumped 194.74 points, or 11.81 per cent and the Standard & Poor’s 500 index rose 104.11 points, or 11.58 per cent.
Led by IT bellwether Wipro, whose market capitalization increased over USD 3 billion, the banking companies which contributed maximum towards last week’s losses regained their ground on Monday.
ICICI and HDFC Bank, which were major losers last week, gained nearly USD four billion in a single day. ICICI Bank gained USD 2.25 billion, while HDFC Bank gained USD 1.63 billion.
Another major gainer was Infosys which saw its market capitalisation jumping by USD 1.30 billion, while Tata Communication’s value increased by USD 645 million.
Last week Infosys had posted a better than expected second quarter results, thereafter it revised its US-dollar revenue guidance. As per the revised guidance, the full-year revenue is expected to be USD 4.72-4.81 billion compared to the previous guidance of USD 4.97-5.05 billion.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- lokesh hi...In Stock screener for NSE
- Harshal Hello Sir, I have entered IOC and Veda...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Samuel Manappuram Finance Ltd. Bought @ 79...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Somnath Hi Sir, Any intraday call for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Vasavi Hi cb SpiceJet short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Shaurya Hindalco intraday target?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir.......... cash intraday boug...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir cash intraday bought mc dowe...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- trader buy m&m 1180 pe @1.65...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- mani Sir, About today target for vedl wh...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Latish Hi Samrudhi, I think you have typo,...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17