Rakesh Jhunjhunwala bets big on ‘Dark Horse’ Geometric Ltd
MUMBAI: A stone’s throw from the Mumbai headquarters of India’s largest software exporter Tata Consultancy ServicesBSE -2.23 % is the office of the CEO of Geometric LtdBSE -1.65 %, on which maverick investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is betting big, for reasons clear only to him.
With revenues of about 800 crore, profits of about 60 crore and market capitalisation 640 crore, IT services company Geometric, promoted by the Godrej Group, is only fraction of TCSBSE -2.23 % in size. But Jhunjhunwala probably considers it the dark horse among the IT midcaps, which analysts say will lead the next bull run among technology stocks.
From September last year, he raised his stake in Geometric, which provides engineering services to clients such as ABB, DaimlerChrysler and Toshiba, at least thrice - from about 7% to about 20%, worth 125 crore at Thursday’s closing price.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- PCS CB Sir, I am Having Creative Merchant...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Prashanth What is your view on HDFC BANK?, FIPB ...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- balaji sir i have sail 75 pe 1.7 hold are exi...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Wahid GM CB Sir, bought Wochardt @919 can yo...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- NIZ sir activated currency trading with my...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Sham hi cb sir, have mail you please reply....In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Suriya Hi cb Wt about aurobindo pharma may...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14