Rakesh Jhunjhunwala bets big on ‘Dark Horse’ Geometric Ltd
MUMBAI: A stone’s throw from the Mumbai headquarters of India’s largest software exporter Tata Consultancy ServicesBSE -2.23 % is the office of the CEO of Geometric LtdBSE -1.65 %, on which maverick investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is betting big, for reasons clear only to him.
With revenues of about 800 crore, profits of about 60 crore and market capitalisation 640 crore, IT services company Geometric, promoted by the Godrej Group, is only fraction of TCSBSE -2.23 % in size. But Jhunjhunwala probably considers it the dark horse among the IT midcaps, which analysts say will lead the next bull run among technology stocks.
From September last year, he raised his stake in Geometric, which provides engineering services to clients such as ABB, DaimlerChrysler and Toshiba, at least thrice – from about 7% to about 20%, worth 125 crore at Thursday’s closing price.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Sanjay I want to buy 8k mile plz give me sugg...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- seema What is your take on Axis and Reliance...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Aniket Biswas hi cb, btst idea target plz...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- mrp Hi cb , holding yes bank, kotak bank &...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- ajit Hi CB sir, I have bought bajaj auto at...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir what levels can see in Coal Ind...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir as you told Wabag is 573 now......In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prasadvsn27 Hi cb sir good afternoon. Please view ...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17