With dividend sucked out, J K Cement crumbles
The BSE Sensex, meanwhile, was up 2.84 points, or 0.02%, to 15018.68.
On BSE, 17,679 shares of the scrip were traded. The mid-cap stock had an average daily volume of 53,745 shares on BSE in the past one quarter.
JK Cement had touched a high of Rs 174.95 and a low of Rs 166.30 so far during the day. The stock had hit a 52-week high of Rs 231.20 on 30 October 2006 and a 52-week low of Rs 125 on 22 March 2007.
The second largest white cement manufacturer in India by production capacity had outperformed the market in the one month to 13 August 2007, gaining 11.15% as against the Sensex’s 1.67% drop. It had also outperformed the market in the past three months, adding 5.31% as against the Sensex’s 7.81% gain.
The north India-based cement maker’s equity capital is Rs 69.93 crore, with 6.99 crore outstanding shares of a face value of Rs 10 each.
At the current price of Rs 167.10, the scrip trades at a PE multiple of 5.56, based on Q1 June 2007 annualised EPS of Rs 30.04.
The company’s board had recommended the dividend at the meeting held on 15 May 2007. The company has fixed book closure from 17 August – 25 August 2007 for the payment of dividend.
J K Cement’ net profit rose 59.1% to Rs 52.50 crore on a 16.8% increase in sales to Rs 326.40 crore in Q1 June 2007 over Q1 June 2006.
J K Cement has two grey cement plants in Rajasthan with a combined capacity of 4 million tonnes and a 3.5 lakh-tonne white cement unit. The company serves markets in North India, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Dbs8 Hai CB I have bought hdil @63.7 for in...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- PONNU BUY PETRONET AND SELL 371...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- DVL THANK U SIR KWALITY TGT FOR SHORT TERM...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Ram Dear CB, Looking for short term inv...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- R.K.Rajan Sir,GBPINR is now 83.85,In future it w...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- siva hi cb your views on supreme tex...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- SUMIT What is targeting of hov service for t...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB ill be back in some time...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB Hi Aniket Biswas, it is going strong. ...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- srvkarur hi cb, could i buy kpit tech & ...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Aniket Biswas hello cb, tatamotors short sell target...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- CB Hi Sona, most welcome....In Intraday calls for 19-01-17
- Sona Hi CB, oh..ok..got it...thanks...In Intraday calls for 19-01-17