India to find out why global institutions failed
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday said that while the world’s response to many global challenges have remained national or regional. “The response of the developed countries to the challenges of our times, be it financial crisis or climate change or terrorism, shows that they have no monopoly on good ideas.
We in the developing world wish to work with the developed, but we have to find our own ways to deal with these challenges,” Singh said at a function to mark the 75th birthday of Nobel laureate Amartya Sen.
Singh urged the developed world to work with India to address global challenges. “We assure the world and our won people that we will not be found wanting as a nation in addressing the challenges at hand. Good governance, development and security are the least we can deliver,” Singh.
The Prime Minister expressed surprise at the way in which come countries manage international institutions. “I am often amazed by the jealousy with which nations guard their control over international institutions even as they speak of the virtues of globalisation and democracy,” he said.
Singh said while problems have become global, responses remain national or regional. “One reason for this could be the inherent weakness of global institutions,” he said.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- lokesh hi...In Stock screener for NSE
- Harshal Hello Sir, I have entered IOC and Veda...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Samuel Manappuram Finance Ltd. Bought @ 79...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Somnath Hi Sir, Any intraday call for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Vasavi Hi cb SpiceJet short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Shaurya Hindalco intraday target?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir.......... cash intraday boug...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir cash intraday bought mc dowe...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- trader buy m&m 1180 pe @1.65...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- mani Sir, About today target for vedl wh...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Latish Hi Samrudhi, I think you have typo,...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17