Govt liberalises FDI limits in 12 sectors, including telecom
NEW DELHI: Opening the doors to shore up foreign investments, the government today liberalised FDI limits in a dozen sectors, including allowing 100 per cent in telecom and higher limits in ‘state-of-the-art’ defence manufacturing, to boost the sagging economy.
The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) cap for civil aviation was, however, left unchanged at 49 per cent.
While the FDI cap in defence sector remained unchanged at 26 per cent, higher limits of foreign investments in ‘state-of-the-art’ technology manufacturing will be considered by the Cabinet Committee on Security, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma told reporters here.
In the contentious insurance sector, it was decided to raise the sectoral FDI cap from 26 per cent to 49 per cent under automatic route under which companies investing do not require prior government approval. A Bill to raise FDI cap in the sector is pending in the Rajya Sabha.
source: Economic Times
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi Prathmesh, Good morning. most welco...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- TAPAN CB SIR, HEXA TRADEX NOT MOVING SO MUCH...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Jaikumar Hi cb Can I buy m &m march ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- SANJIV shill i buy relince future...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good afternoon CB sir, many thnx....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi mayank, yes, its facing strong resi...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi Prashant, its a hold. can test 455....In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- mayank Sir your view on ongc As so many good...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prashant Dear Sirji Have short Tata motors ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh Good Morning CB sir what levels can se...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17