Will the market rally last?
Hard to tell, for although these have bounced back from recent lows, markets might not be out of the woods yet, say analysts
A few sessions, they say, is a long time for the markets. Barely a fortnight earlier, it was all gloom and doom, with fear of the US Federal Reserve’s tapering of its $85 billion monthly bond buying programme, amid heightened geopolitical tensions in West Asia that sent crude oil prices flaring.
It was a double whammy for the Indian markets, also reeling under a sliding rupee and a widening current account deficit (CAD).
Come September, suddenly everything started falling in place. While concerns and war clouds have ebbed, a change of guard at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which saw a slew of measures announced to stem the rupee’s fall lifted overall sentiment. The trade deficit declined 23 per cent in August to $10.9 billion from $14.2 billion in the corresponding month last year and down 11 per cent month-on-month. August also saw car sales surge for the first time in 10 months. On its part, the government got a few key Bills passed in the monsoon session of Parliament.
Since August 21 when the benchmark indices hit their respective lows of 17,906 (S&P BSE Sensex) and 5,302.55 (CNX Nifty), the Indian markets have risen nearly 12 per cent.
Point out Rakesh Arora and Arjun Bhattacharya of Macquarie Research: “The sharp bounceback in the (Indian) market is akin to the one after P Chidambaram took over as finance minister.”
While the US markets were up on positive macro data, China’s markets also witnessed decent returns on improved manufacturing activity.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- suhas CB do you also have paid services f...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- droopings Hi sbt, not sure at all....have a vagu...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- Prem Hi CB, How does ZEEL does look for...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- AslamP Hi CB, Please advise on Suzlon, Hov...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- mrp Hi cb , Shall i buy PMC FINANCE AND ED...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- PCS Thanks Sir....In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- kk CB sir, Again my NIFTY 8600 pe went do...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- AJAXX Hi CB, Sir I missed BPCL trade as it...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- CB Hi Taj, its a hold with sl at 486. ...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- CB Hi Aravind, it can test 124 in coming ...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- sumit CB sir, NSE / BSE announced this ne...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- Taj Cb sir my query pending on view on...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15
- Anisha Sir, i think my message got missed. Wh...In Intraday calls for 03-03-15