Will the market rally last?
Hard to tell, for although these have bounced back from recent lows, markets might not be out of the woods yet, say analysts
A few sessions, they say, is a long time for the markets. Barely a fortnight earlier, it was all gloom and doom, with fear of the US Federal Reserve’s tapering of its $85 billion monthly bond buying programme, amid heightened geopolitical tensions in West Asia that sent crude oil prices flaring.
It was a double whammy for the Indian markets, also reeling under a sliding rupee and a widening current account deficit (CAD).
Come September, suddenly everything started falling in place. While concerns and war clouds have ebbed, a change of guard at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which saw a slew of measures announced to stem the rupee’s fall lifted overall sentiment. The trade deficit declined 23 per cent in August to $10.9 billion from $14.2 billion in the corresponding month last year and down 11 per cent month-on-month. August also saw car sales surge for the first time in 10 months. On its part, the government got a few key Bills passed in the monsoon session of Parliament.
Since August 21 when the benchmark indices hit their respective lows of 17,906 (S&P BSE Sensex) and 5,302.55 (CNX Nifty), the Indian markets have risen nearly 12 per cent.
Point out Rakesh Arora and Arjun Bhattacharya of Macquarie Research: “The sharp bounceback in the (Indian) market is akin to the one after P Chidambaram took over as finance minister.”
While the US markets were up on positive macro data, China’s markets also witnessed decent returns on improved manufacturing activity.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi trade4444, can add on dips near 105...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- imran i want to know about nsc tips...In Swing call - Buy ONGC
- trade4444 Dear CB, Pls advise the likely pric...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- TAPAN CB Sir, I HAVE HOLDING UNITECH @20.5 ...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- MM i bought gail futures @391 for short t...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- CB Hi Avinash Verma, I replied in the que...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- Avinash Verma Hi CB Want to buy 10000 Qty. ONCG o...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- SRB No sir, don't panic, this is market ...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- CB Hi prabhat chatterjee, Welcome. swing ...In Swing call - Buy ONGC
- prabhat chatterjee Sir, I am very new in market and i di...In Swing call - Buy ONGC
- CB Hi minu, Good morning. seems may open ...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- minu hi, good morning sir....how market wil...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15