Will the market rally last?
Hard to tell, for although these have bounced back from recent lows, markets might not be out of the woods yet, say analysts
A few sessions, they say, is a long time for the markets. Barely a fortnight earlier, it was all gloom and doom, with fear of the US Federal Reserve’s tapering of its $85 billion monthly bond buying programme, amid heightened geopolitical tensions in West Asia that sent crude oil prices flaring.
It was a double whammy for the Indian markets, also reeling under a sliding rupee and a widening current account deficit (CAD).
Come September, suddenly everything started falling in place. While concerns and war clouds have ebbed, a change of guard at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which saw a slew of measures announced to stem the rupee’s fall lifted overall sentiment. The trade deficit declined 23 per cent in August to $10.9 billion from $14.2 billion in the corresponding month last year and down 11 per cent month-on-month. August also saw car sales surge for the first time in 10 months. On its part, the government got a few key Bills passed in the monsoon session of Parliament.
Since August 21 when the benchmark indices hit their respective lows of 17,906 (S&P BSE Sensex) and 5,302.55 (CNX Nifty), the Indian markets have risen nearly 12 per cent.
Point out Rakesh Arora and Arjun Bhattacharya of Macquarie Research: “The sharp bounceback in the (Indian) market is akin to the one after P Chidambaram took over as finance minister.”
While the US markets were up on positive macro data, China’s markets also witnessed decent returns on improved manufacturing activity.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Grd Hi CB, global markets falling on fear ...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- Grd Hi CB, thanks. big sell off in global ...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- Shiuli Hi cb sir i am holding biocon 520ce@ 9...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- akhil Hi CB,check out sgx nifty -70-75 point...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- pankaj Hi CB, I buyed control on 22aug2014. C...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- CB Hi NIZ, around 380-390 in near term...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- NIZ Hi CB, sir what will be the target for...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- NIZ Hi Naveen, thanks. im holding it for s...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- CB Hi Raushan, these are good bets for sh...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- Raushan Hay cb sir i am a positional trader ...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- CB Hi sir,your view on jp power, Its goin...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- Naveen Congos NIZ!!...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14
- sir,your view on jp power view on jp power...In Intraday calls for 01-10-14