USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Yb How abt ramco industries in short term...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- Yb Hi cb, How abt idea cellular tgt for ...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- mohan Hi CB sir I am hold reliance 930 &...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- CB Hi DS, no, dont enter out of money ce'...In Swing call - Buy ONGC
- CB Hi DS, hold axis with sl at 530 for no...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- DS Hi CB, I have Axis 570 CE for the ...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- DS Hi CB, Can we buy a 340/350 CE for ...In Swing call - Buy ONGC
- CB Hi KK, yes, does look good. hold for n...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15
- Tejas The thing always happens that you real...In Intraday calls for 17-04-15