USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- mohan kvp Thank you CB sir...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- ibull Eid Mubarak everybody :)...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- CB Hi vishal, thanks Hi mohan kvp, Res...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- mohan kvp Hi CB sir your opinion on ITC result t...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- CB Hi Ram, most welcome Hi Name (requi...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- Ram Thanks much, CB!...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- Name (required) Thanks for your suggestion Krishna...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- fe hi your view on cnx (IT) tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- CB Hi Vivek, Good morning. its a good med...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- Vivek HI CB, Greetings!!! Please advic...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- v.p.singh i want your kind openion about my yes ...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- v.p.singh hi CB,hello experts,a very happy eid h...In Intraday calls for 28-07-14
- vikas patel nifty sell tg 7400 in Auguest month...In Technical view:: Nifty, Bank Nifty, Tata Motors & Reliance Industries