USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant – Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi Rahul, its near strng support level...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Rahul Hi CB I sold Just dial 1 lot @ 449, sh...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Taj Good evening cb sir, how r you. Hcc...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Harsha Hi Cb , i'm stuck in Zeel oct futures ...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- PKP Hi Sir, can i hold my NIITECH 440 ce o...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- sumit Sir can you please ley me know your vi...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- sandhya dey SIR, PNB TARGET IN SHORT TRM...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Aniket Biswas Cb, ceat Intraday target plz...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Prashant Please tell me target of BS Limited...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- ken Hi CB Please advise that what is ne...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- SRINI hindalco now 151.85 can i enter??...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Jagadeesh Hello CB sir.. how are you doing... i...In Intraday calls for 21-10-16
- Alex CB, Is it safe to hold reliance till....In Intraday calls for 21-10-16