USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- sourabh sir bought today 8k miles @1755, what ...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- kishor mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org for...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- Jay K Thanks Kishor. Jet was terribly volati...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- dev Hi ASHOK V., share your ideas on equit...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- sourabh hi kishor what is the tgt for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- mrp Hi Ashok .v ji , don't worry about neg...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- Apu HI KISHOR can i hold ASHAPURMINA for b...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- ASHOK V. Dear Girishji, Thanks for the compleme...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- kishor again sell JETAIRWAYS For target 353-3...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- kishor ASHAPURMIN as per sell call its going ...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15
- Girish Hi Girish, ,,...In Intraday calls for 09-04-15
- Girish Hi Ashok V., Dear Ashok V. Sir , o...In Intraday calls for 09-04-15
- Irfan Hi sir What is your view about Hindalc...In Intraday calls for 13-10-15