USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant – Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- seema WHAT will be your take on Reliance, Ta...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Ron Any one here...can you share target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- satheesh Hi CB Sir, Can I purchase Wipro share ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- nani hi CB sir, i am new into Derivatives, ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU ADANI TARGET ACHIEVED...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- sureshctc Sir, Where do you see nifty ends toda...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU SELL ADANI ENT BUY 123...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Karthik CB sir, Still holding castrol ind a...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- srinivas Hi CB, I have currently bought Indocou...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RAVIKUMAR hi cb, gud mrng.. what is the target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RMK Hi CB Good Morning! Cud u pl suggest...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Taj Hi cb sir, holding bpl limited 82.6 hu...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Sudesh Gm CB sir... any intraday suggestion ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17