USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- profitmaker tvs motors sell below 301.89 stoploss ...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- CB Hi profitmaker, Good morning.. thanks....In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- profitmaker good morning cb SCRIP NAME (NSE COD...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- CB Hi kushal, Good morning. marksans can ...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- Anju Hi CB, Thank you sir ..!...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- Tom Hi CB Sir, Today jktyre can test 110 ...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- Santhanu Hi cb , Intraday for Federal Bank?...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- dpc Hi CB Good Morning ...Your view on Bha...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- AJ Short ADANI PORTS or TVS on opening?...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- kushal hi good morning, view on kabra ext, pl...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- CB Hi Anju, Good morning. does look stron...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- Anju Good morning sir, I didn't exit Centu...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15
- CB Hi Hemanth, its a hold for now. does l...In Intraday calls for 02-12-15