USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- rajasekar Hi CB, sir, can i enter JPA 35ce or 37...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Rahul Kumar Sinha Thanks CB for your advice as always.I ...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- CB Hi Raja, Good evening. no, not really ...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Raja Hi CB Sir, Good Evening :) Can u ple...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- trade4444 Dear CB, Any idea on Intellect Design...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Taj Good-evening cb sir and all in this f...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- a234 CB Sir, pls suggest me if polaris c...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Rahul Kumar Sinha Hi CB, I got 40 shares of coal indi...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Rohan Hi CB, Now that JPassociates broke 27...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- CB Hi sudip mondal, it is during market h...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15