USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Venkata Hi Sir,Good morning what is the target...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- SUBRAYA JOISA K Hi Kartik I have some TATAMOTORS can ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- sandy please also advise about tata steel as...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- Stocker Hi Karthik,short term target for dish ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- LB Hi Kartik Sir, I am holding Welspun ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- Kartik Hi vikas.s, thanks....In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- shivi Sir, Thanks for reply sir . Plz if yo...In Intraday calls for 01-07-15
- Kartik Hi sandy, can test 440 in coming days ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- vikas.s short bhel target 249 . sell call. it...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- Kartik Hi SUBRAYA JOISA K, its going a bit st...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- RAJ Dear CB/Kartik..Good Morning.. what ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- sandy and what do you think about coal india...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15
- Kartik Hi Prashant, no, not really sure of a ...In Intraday calls for 02-07-15