USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant – Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Manish Hi CB sir, what is ur view on L&T....In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- Ananth Hi cb sir, chambal fertilisers will mo...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- Kumar Hi CB, View on Arman Financial and ...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- dhruvi AKASHOPTI AND DCW TG...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- Kishan Rathi Sir view on reliance upper & lower...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- CB Hi Prashant, markets are going a bit s...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- Aniket Biswas Hi cb, abirlanuvo intraday target and...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- samrudhi BOOK PROFIT ON ICICI BANK BTST CALL @ ...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- sunil Hi Sir, I have been holding Adani Port...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- jessi Sir,nifty continue to bull or bear?...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- venkat Sir, I am holding SBI CE @265. Shall i...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- dhruvi JUST DIAL SIR TG...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16
- DVL Sir can i buy RS Soft at current level...In Intraday calls for 08-12-16