USFDA raises concerns about Ranbaxy’s Toansa plant - Shares fall as much as 9.1% to Rs 421.10
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised concerns about the manufacturing practices at a factory owned by Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, the drugmaker said on Monday, sending its shares down to nearly a one-month low.
All of Ranbaxy’s India-based factories are currently banned by the FDA from exporting medicines to the United States, the company’s largest market, after the regulator’s inspection found violation of its so-called good manufacturing practices.
The company, India’s biggest drugmaker by sales, said the FDA had now filed “certain observations” about its Toansa pharmaceutical ingredients plant in Punjab.
Failure to address these concerns would result in the FDA banning all exports to the United States from the factory.
“The company is assessing the observations, and will respond to the FDA in accordance with the agency’s procedure to resolve the concerns at the earliest,” Ranbaxy said in a statement. It did not give further details.
Shares in Ranbaxy, 63.5% owned by Japan’s Daiichi Sankyo Co, fell as much as 9.1% on Monday to Rs 421.10, its lowest level in nearly a month, while the main Mumbai market index was up 1.1%.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Sona Hi CB, your view on ITC and LT DECEMBE...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- rajashekat Hi CB thanks your view on mindtree for...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- CB Hi NIZ, yes. does look good. lets hold...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- binuraj thanks,CB for your advice...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- CB Hi Vishal, its also a good bet. can ho...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- Rishikanta CB Sir can I buy Hindalco dec fut ? tg...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- CB Hi harshal, most welcome....In Technical View:: Nifty, Tata coffee & Praj Industries
- NIZ sir today dabur made high of 249 at cl...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- sheeja ok CB thanks......In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- rajashekat Hi CB Good evening hope you are doing ...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14
- bannu any cmdity tips...In Intraday calls for 27-11-14