Swiss govt prepares list of Indians with suspected black money
Names crop up during an ongoing exercise to identify real beneficiary owners of funds held in various banks operating in Switzerland
In a major boost to India’s fight against black money, Switzerland has prepared a list of Indians suspected to have stashed un-taxed wealth in Swiss banks and the details are being shared with Indian government.
The names of these Indian individuals and entities have come under scanner of the Swiss authorities during an ongoing exercise to identify real beneficiary owners of funds held in various banks operating in Switzerland, a senior Swiss government official said.
“These individuals and entities are suspected to have held un-taxed money in Swiss banks through structures like trusts, domiciliary companies and other legal entities based out of countries other than India,” the official told PTI.
He refused to divulge the identity of these persons and entities, as also the quantum of funds held by them in Swiss banks, citing confidentiality clause of the bilateral information exchange treaty between two countries.
The official further said Swiss authorities were very keen to work with the new government in India and they would also provide all necessary support to the newly set up Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money.
He, however, dismissed claims that black money stashed in Swiss banks by Indians could be trillions of dollars, as the latest Swiss National Bank data pegs the total foreign client money across 283 banks in Switzerland at USD 1.6 trillion.
Source: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- SKB Starpaper,cgcl,hpl,sequent,welspunind....In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- CB Hi Mani, vguard can test 190 again in ...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- Mani Sir vguard and grauer and Weil's 2-3 m...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- CB Hi zia, can test 302-303 Hi seema, ...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- seema Can we go for buying Bharat Finance he...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- zia CN SIR COAL INDIA TARGET MONDAY...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- CB Hi Harshal, its a hold. seems can test...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- Harshal Hi Sir, please suggest targets for ved...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17
- zia CB PENALTY ON COAL INDIA REDUCE HALF ...In Intraday calls for 24-03-17