Narendra Modi’s Cabinet takes first decision, forms SIT to unearth black money
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government’s first Cabinet meet on Tuesday took a crucial decision to form a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe black money, mostly stashed abroad.
The Union Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Modi.
Addressing a press conference, Law and Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “It is a matter of great satisfaction that we have constituted a SIT to bring back black money as per Supreme Court orders.”
“SIT will be headed by former Supreme Court judge MV Shah,” he added.
“Director of CBI, RAW, Financial Intelligence will also be a part of the SIT,” Prasad said.
Secretary revenue, deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, director of the Intelligence Bureau, director of the Enforcement Directorate, director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes and director of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) will be among the members.
“We are committed to fighting black money,” he added.
After Modi’s first cabinet meet Prasad said that the SIT was formed to bring back black money from abroad.
Although there is no official figure, various estimates put the quantum of black money upto $1.4 trillion, IANS reported.
The ruling BJP in a report in 2011, had estimated India’s black economy to be between $500 billion to $1.4 trillion. BJP was the main opposition party at that time.
For more, visit: Zeenews.com
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- lokesh hi...In Stock screener for NSE
- Harshal Hello Sir, I have entered IOC and Veda...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Samuel Manappuram Finance Ltd. Bought @ 79...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Somnath Hi Sir, Any intraday call for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Vasavi Hi cb SpiceJet short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Shaurya Hindalco intraday target?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir.......... cash intraday boug...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir cash intraday bought mc dowe...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- trader buy m&m 1180 pe @1.65...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- mani Sir, About today target for vedl wh...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Latish Hi Samrudhi, I think you have typo,...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17