Markets remain firm
BSE Oil & Gas and PSU indices have surged by 3% each
Benchmark Indices are higher led by buying demand among Oil & Gas, PSU, Banking and Capital Goods shares. However, selling among IT and Auto sectors have capped the upside movement.
By 1240, the Sensex was up 105 points at 20,068 and the Nifty gained 29 points to 6,068.
On the global front, Asian stocks rose for the first time in three days, with the regional benchmark index erasing its weekly loss on global growth recovery optimism.
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng rose 1% to 23,552, Taiwan’s Weighted index gained1% to 7,713, Singapore’s Straits Times was up 0.34% to 3,304 while China’s Shanghai Composite added 1% to 2,306 and Japan’s Nikkei gained 2.3% to 10,855.
Back home, BSE Oil & Gas and PSU indices have surged by 3% each. However, BSE TECk, IT and Auto indices have declined by nearly 1% each.
OMCs have surged after government partially deregulated diesel prices yesterday.
Among key Sensex stocks, Wipro fell 4.6% while dropped 0.5%, Bharti Airtel declined 1.65, Dr Reddy’s and SunPharma dropped 1%, Hero MotoCorp fell 4% while Mahindra & Mahindra and Tata Motors were down 2% and 0.3% on BSE.
ONGC surged 8%, OMCs namely Bharat Petroleum Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corp and Indian Oil Corp jumped between 7-11% on BSE.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- sharexpress1 27th April Suggestion:- According to a...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- CB Hi harshal, yes. can add few here H...In Swing call - Buy ONGC - Continue to hold
- CB Hi Nikhil, most welcome Hi Mrp, no,...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- Nikhil Thanks CB Sir , will continue to hold ...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- Mrp Hi CB, Is the rite time to buy TWL ? ...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- harshal Hi CB Sir, can I enter ongc now for sh...In Swing call - Buy ONGC - Continue to hold
- rohan Hi CB,your view on auropharma and axis...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- Prathmesh Goodmorning CB sir, If I want to buy I...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- gmkreddy Sir i am holding moser bear @ rare of ...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- ANMOL Thanks......In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- arun where would I get live volvdetails for...In Swing call - Buy ONGC - Continue to hold
- CB Hi gmkreddy, Good morning. kei can tes...In Intraday calls for 24-04-15
- CB Hi pintu, best to avoid these for now....In Intraday calls for 21-04-15