Markets pause ahead of RBI policy
Markets ended lower on Monday, ahead of the Reserve Bank of India’s mid-quarter monetary policy review, weighed down by selling pressure in HDFC Group shares along with ITC and TCS.
The 30-share Sensex ended down 73 points at 19,244 and the 50-share Nifty ended 22 points lower at 5,858.
Goldman Sachs expects the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points at its policy review on Tuesday after last week’s inflation data came well below expectations, and as economic growth remains sluggish.
“There has been a persistent higher LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) number as well, which indicates a structural liquidity deficit in the system, and has rightly resulted in the resumption of open market operations by RBI. Improvement in liquidity is key for monetary policy easing as rate cuts alone will not be able to transmit into lending rate cuts. Given the above backdrop we expect RBI to cut CRR by 25 basis points on December 18 to ensure adequate liquidity and wait for inflation data while having a cautious watch on government’s ability to take prudent quantitative and concrete steps leading towards fiscal discipline, before actioning a rate cut.”, said Arun Khurana, head-global markets group, IndusInd Bank.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Nithin Cb....pls suggest me 4 stocks which I ...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- Ritu CB..can we buy Reliance tomorrow for i...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- ranjith Hi CB Sir, can you pls advise me on...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- sameer sir can i enter in cipla for short...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- SKB Erosmedia, ktil, igpl and engineering ...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- sravan kumar what is the target of JBM Auto for int...In Intraday calls for 24-08-16
- sravan kumar Hai CB...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- kalikiri hi cb sir pls give me tomorrow target...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- sayan Hi CB, ur views on Reliance Ind tomorr...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- sudip dey Respected sir, your view on Aptech for...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- Deepak7791 Dear CB Have bought Ceat FUT at 915...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- Name (required) Can I buy moil at cmp...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16
- RAJAS SIR BLAST CANARA BANK VERY GOOD CALL ...In Intraday calls for 30-08-16