Markets pause ahead of RBI policy
Markets ended lower on Monday, ahead of the Reserve Bank of India’s mid-quarter monetary policy review, weighed down by selling pressure in HDFC Group shares along with ITC and TCS.
The 30-share Sensex ended down 73 points at 19,244 and the 50-share Nifty ended 22 points lower at 5,858.
Goldman Sachs expects the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points at its policy review on Tuesday after last week’s inflation data came well below expectations, and as economic growth remains sluggish.
“There has been a persistent higher LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) number as well, which indicates a structural liquidity deficit in the system, and has rightly resulted in the resumption of open market operations by RBI. Improvement in liquidity is key for monetary policy easing as rate cuts alone will not be able to transmit into lending rate cuts. Given the above backdrop we expect RBI to cut CRR by 25 basis points on December 18 to ensure adequate liquidity and wait for inflation data while having a cautious watch on government’s ability to take prudent quantitative and concrete steps leading towards fiscal discipline, before actioning a rate cut.”, said Arun Khurana, head-global markets group, IndusInd Bank.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi Raja, Good evening. no, not really ...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Raja Hi CB Sir, Good Evening :) Can u ple...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- trade4444 Dear CB, Any idea on Intellect Design...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Taj Good-evening cb sir and all in this f...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- a234 CB Sir, pls suggest me if polaris c...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Rahul Kumar Sinha Hi CB, I got 40 shares of coal indi...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- Rohan Hi CB, Now that JPassociates broke 27...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- CB Hi sudip mondal, it is during market h...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- CB Hi gmkreddy, not yet. can add few abov...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- gmkreddy Sir nesco is good time to invest for s...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- gmkreddy Sir next week terget of beml....In Intraday calls for 30-01-15
- AK hi cb, target of bhel for next 1-2 day...In Intraday calls for 30-01-15