Markets pause ahead of RBI policy
Markets ended lower on Monday, ahead of the Reserve Bank of India’s mid-quarter monetary policy review, weighed down by selling pressure in HDFC Group shares along with ITC and TCS.
The 30-share Sensex ended down 73 points at 19,244 and the 50-share Nifty ended 22 points lower at 5,858.
Goldman Sachs expects the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points at its policy review on Tuesday after last week’s inflation data came well below expectations, and as economic growth remains sluggish.
“There has been a persistent higher LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) number as well, which indicates a structural liquidity deficit in the system, and has rightly resulted in the resumption of open market operations by RBI. Improvement in liquidity is key for monetary policy easing as rate cuts alone will not be able to transmit into lending rate cuts. Given the above backdrop we expect RBI to cut CRR by 25 basis points on December 18 to ensure adequate liquidity and wait for inflation data while having a cautious watch on government’s ability to take prudent quantitative and concrete steps leading towards fiscal discipline, before actioning a rate cut.”, said Arun Khurana, head-global markets group, IndusInd Bank.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Mac whr r u Mr. CB??? Hope all is well wit...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- PCS CB Sir, I am Having Creative Merchant...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Prashanth What is your view on HDFC BANK?, FIPB ...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- balaji sir i have sail 75 pe 1.7 hold are exi...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Wahid GM CB Sir, bought Wochardt @919 can yo...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- NIZ sir activated currency trading with my...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Sham hi cb sir, have mail you please reply....In Intraday calls for 19-12-14
- Suriya Hi cb Wt about aurobindo pharma may...In Intraday calls for 19-12-14