Markets pause ahead of RBI policy
Markets ended lower on Monday, ahead of the Reserve Bank of India’s mid-quarter monetary policy review, weighed down by selling pressure in HDFC Group shares along with ITC and TCS.
The 30-share Sensex ended down 73 points at 19,244 and the 50-share Nifty ended 22 points lower at 5,858.
Goldman Sachs expects the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points at its policy review on Tuesday after last week’s inflation data came well below expectations, and as economic growth remains sluggish.
“There has been a persistent higher LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) number as well, which indicates a structural liquidity deficit in the system, and has rightly resulted in the resumption of open market operations by RBI. Improvement in liquidity is key for monetary policy easing as rate cuts alone will not be able to transmit into lending rate cuts. Given the above backdrop we expect RBI to cut CRR by 25 basis points on December 18 to ensure adequate liquidity and wait for inflation data while having a cautious watch on government’s ability to take prudent quantitative and concrete steps leading towards fiscal discipline, before actioning a rate cut.”, said Arun Khurana, head-global markets group, IndusInd Bank.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi AJAY, most welcome Hi pradeep, c...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- Vickys Thanks CB Sir, Plz advice on AUROBI...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- pradeep Hi cb sir please refer some good stock...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- AJAY thank you CB,FOR YOUR RESPONSE...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- CB Hi Ashok V., Thanks for your kind comm...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- Ashok V. Sir, I appreciate your prompt service....In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- CB Hi AJAY, can go with tata motors and s...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- AJAY CB please reply on all stocks...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- AJAY hi CB,please give your views on these ...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- mrp Hi cb , Ur view in LANCO INFRA for sho...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- jaikumar Hi cb Sold 9200 nifty ce at 40. But c...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- CB Hi Antriksh, above 690 can test 715. ...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15
- chandra prasad dear sir, i have hcc at 37 , , what is...In Intraday calls for 28-02-15