Markets pause ahead of RBI policy
Markets ended lower on Monday, ahead of the Reserve Bank of India’s mid-quarter monetary policy review, weighed down by selling pressure in HDFC Group shares along with ITC and TCS.
The 30-share Sensex ended down 73 points at 19,244 and the 50-share Nifty ended 22 points lower at 5,858.
Goldman Sachs expects the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points at its policy review on Tuesday after last week’s inflation data came well below expectations, and as economic growth remains sluggish.
“There has been a persistent higher LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) number as well, which indicates a structural liquidity deficit in the system, and has rightly resulted in the resumption of open market operations by RBI. Improvement in liquidity is key for monetary policy easing as rate cuts alone will not be able to transmit into lending rate cuts. Given the above backdrop we expect RBI to cut CRR by 25 basis points on December 18 to ensure adequate liquidity and wait for inflation data while having a cautious watch on government’s ability to take prudent quantitative and concrete steps leading towards fiscal discipline, before actioning a rate cut.”, said Arun Khurana, head-global markets group, IndusInd Bank.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- CB Hi YB, no, not sure of entering these ...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- jaikumar Hi cb Holding nifty 8400 pe at 75....In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- TAPAN CB Sir, AMBUJA CEMENT APPROXIMATELY H...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- Prince Mayank Sorry typing mistake its SrikalaHasti...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- Prince Mayank Hi CB, Sir, i bought SriHastkala Pip...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- YB Thanks sir! Also plz suggest can i e...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- CB Hi TradeWarrior, Good morning. Hi ...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- TradeWarrior Good Morning All, Nifty Options Tip...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- NIZ sir yesterday was ambuja cements ex di...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- YB Sir its ramco industries....In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- YB Sir ur views on ramco,jktyre,vindhya t...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15
- CB Hi ashwin, as of now no new call yet. ...In Intraday calls for 31-07-15