Investors lose Rs one trillion on budget day
MUMBAI: Investors lost close to Rs one lakh crore today as the market gave a thumbs down to the interim Budget FY’2009-10, which failed to provide any sops for key sectors. After two weeks of pre-budget rally, the benchmark index Sensex today nosedived over 300 points to 9,305.45 points, with metals and realty stocks witnessing huge sell-offs.
Combined market capitalisation of all listed companies plunged to Rs 29,79,509.44 crore at the end of trading today from Rs 30,71,114.61 crore on Friday last week, losing over Rs 91,000 crore.
Analysts believe that the market would continue on its downward spiral from here as the interim budget dashed investors’ hopes, which triggered a major sell off on the two bourses.
“The markets have been disappointed as a section of the industry and market was expecting that there would be some kind of stimulus from the government in view of slowing down of the industrial growth (negative two per cent in December 08) and exports,” brokerage firm Bonanza Portfolio Director Shiv Kumar Goel said.
Further, the 30-Sensex companies, which account for over 47 per cent of the total marketcap of all the companies, saw their combined market valuation falling by over Rs 48,400 crore in a single day.
The benchmark index Sensex settled down 329 points or 3.29 per cent at 9,305.45 on massive buying by funds.
The combined marketcap of the 30 bluechip stocks dropped to Rs 14.28 lakh crore from Rs 14.76 lakh crore last week. Among the Sensex companies, Jaiprakash Associates, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Industries and ICICI
bank were the major losers with their stock prices falling between four and eight per cent.
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- seema WHAT will be your take on Reliance, Ta...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Ron Any one here...can you share target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- satheesh Hi CB Sir, Can I purchase Wipro share ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- nani hi CB sir, i am new into Derivatives, ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU ADANI TARGET ACHIEVED...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- sureshctc Sir, Where do you see nifty ends toda...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- PONNU SELL ADANI ENT BUY 123...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Karthik CB sir, Still holding castrol ind a...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- srinivas Hi CB, I have currently bought Indocou...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RAVIKUMAR hi cb, gud mrng.. what is the target f...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- RMK Hi CB Good Morning! Cud u pl suggest...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Taj Hi cb sir, holding bpl limited 82.6 hu...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17
- Sudesh Gm CB sir... any intraday suggestion ...In Intraday calls for 27-04-17