FIIs’ stake in BSE-500 firms at new high
These companies account for nearly 93% of the total market capitalisation on the exchange
Foreign institutional investors’ average holding in BSE-500 companies hit a new high at the end of the March quarter.
According to the shareholding pattern filed by 489 companies from the BSE-500 index, their average stake in these companies rose to 19.9 per cent from 19.6 per cent at end-December 2013, itself up from 19 per cent at the end of the September 2013 quarter (and 18.59 per cent at end-March 2013).
These 500 companies account for nearly 93 per cent of the total market capitalisation on the BSE exchange.
FIIs’ stake in 109 of these 489 companies were at record highs in the March 2014 quarter. Page Industries, Apollo Tyres, UPL, Infotech Enterprises, VST Industries, Polaris Financial Technologies, Jaiprakash Associates and L&T Financial Holdings are among these.
Foreign investors’ holdings were also at a record high in 11 BSE Sensex and NSE CNX Nifty companies – Axis Bank, Cairn India, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, HCL Technologies, HDFC, IndusInd Bank, Infosys, Mahindra and Mahindra, NMDC, Power Grid Corporation and Wipro.
FIIs put in Rs 85,444 crore ($13.9 billion) in the eight months between September 2013 and April 2014. This was a key factor in the 20 per cent surge in the benchmark indices over this period. On the other hand, the holdings of promoters and individual investors dipped to multi-year lows. Promoter and government ownership fell to 51.4 per cent in the March quarter against 52 per cent in December 2013. They’d an average 52.65 per cent stake at end-March 2013. This was mainly due to dilution of the government’s stake in state-owned companies such as Indian Oil Corporation, Engineers India and Bharat Heavy Electricals, to meet divestment targets.
In state-owned banks, the government stake declined due to allotment of equity shares to Life Insurance Corporation of India and others on a preferential basis.
Domestic investors, especially individuals, are keeping away from the markets, analysts say. Public shareholding has dropped to 7.68 per cent, its lowest level in eight years.
For more visit: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- lokesh hi...In Stock screener for NSE
- Harshal Hello Sir, I have entered IOC and Veda...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Samuel Manappuram Finance Ltd. Bought @ 79...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Somnath Hi Sir, Any intraday call for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Vasavi Hi cb SpiceJet short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Shaurya Hindalco intraday target?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir.......... cash intraday boug...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir cash intraday bought mc dowe...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- trader buy m&m 1180 pe @1.65...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- mani Sir, About today target for vedl wh...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Latish Hi Samrudhi, I think you have typo,...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17