Black money list revealed, 15 Indians named
Names of 15 Indians who have stashed away wealth in offshore banks have been made public by Tehelka magazine in its latest issue.
Tehelka claimed it has in possession two more names, but were holding them back for verification. One name is alleged to be that of a prominent politician and the other chairman of a leading company.
The 15 names include Manoj Dhupalia, Rupla Dhupalia, Mohan Dhupalia, Hasmukh Gandhi, Chintan Gandhi, Dilip Mehta , Arun Mehta, Arun Koohar, Gunwanti Mehta, Rajnikant Mehta, Prabodh Mehta, Ashok Jaipuria, Raj Foundation, Urvasi Foundation and Ambunova Trust.
The German government purchased the data from an ex-employee of LGT Bank, the flagship bank of Liechtenstein , a country viewed by global banking groups as one of the major tax havens in the world.
Germany handed over the list on March 18, 2009, but the Government had refused to divulge the names as it had to honour the commitment given under tax treaties. Under provisions of the tax treaties, information exchanged is to be used only for the purpose for which it is sought.
Therefore, the government is not in a position to make these names public, but only recover tax on the unaccounted income.
The Income -Tax Department has sent notices asking 15 entities to pay up but the government has taken special care to ensure that no name was released to the public. The amount of money stashed away in Liechtenstein’s is minor, compared to the size of the black money stashed in several other offshore banks.
As per an estimate by Tax Justice Network, an NGO, the volume of money lying in these banks could be over $11 trillion.
source: Economic times
- Swiss govt prepares list of Indians with suspected black money
- Black money: red-faced Govt not to reveal names
- Black money comes mainly from India: Assange
- Narendra Modi’s Cabinet takes first decision, forms SIT to unearth black money
- More than Rs 65,250 cr black money disclosed under Income Disclosure Scheme
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- dak CB, does Infy seem to have reversed af...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Sona Hi CB, thanks...will it go 19300 b4 th...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Shalini, Good morning. its a hold f...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Shalini GM CB.. Holding Merck @ 980.. Shall i ...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Sona, seems may remain a bit flat t...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Sona Hi CB, whats your view on BANK NIFTY F...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Mani, can test 81.2....In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi SKB, tata power can test 84. kwalit...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Aniket hi cb, good morning, pidilite and jubf...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- Mani Pls advice intraday target for jindal ...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- SKB sir short term target for torrent powe...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Ash, Good morning. biocon may conso...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17
- CB Hi Prem, its a hold. does look good ...In Intraday calls for 20-01-17