Black money list revealed, 15 Indians named
Names of 15 Indians who have stashed away wealth in offshore banks have been made public by Tehelka magazine in its latest issue.
Tehelka claimed it has in possession two more names, but were holding them back for verification. One name is alleged to be that of a prominent politician and the other chairman of a leading company.
The 15 names include Manoj Dhupalia, Rupla Dhupalia, Mohan Dhupalia, Hasmukh Gandhi, Chintan Gandhi, Dilip Mehta , Arun Mehta, Arun Koohar, Gunwanti Mehta, Rajnikant Mehta, Prabodh Mehta, Ashok Jaipuria, Raj Foundation, Urvasi Foundation and Ambunova Trust.
The German government purchased the data from an ex-employee of LGT Bank, the flagship bank of Liechtenstein , a country viewed by global banking groups as one of the major tax havens in the world.
Germany handed over the list on March 18, 2009, but the Government had refused to divulge the names as it had to honour the commitment given under tax treaties. Under provisions of the tax treaties, information exchanged is to be used only for the purpose for which it is sought.
Therefore, the government is not in a position to make these names public, but only recover tax on the unaccounted income.
The Income -Tax Department has sent notices asking 15 entities to pay up but the government has taken special care to ensure that no name was released to the public. The amount of money stashed away in Liechtenstein’s is minor, compared to the size of the black money stashed in several other offshore banks.
As per an estimate by Tax Justice Network, an NGO, the volume of money lying in these banks could be over $11 trillion.
source: Economic times
- Swiss govt prepares list of Indians with suspected black money
- Black money: red-faced Govt not to reveal names
- Black money comes mainly from India: Assange
- Narendra Modi’s Cabinet takes first decision, forms SIT to unearth black money
- More than Rs 65,250 cr black money disclosed under Income Disclosure Scheme
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- abhi Good Morning sir.. I have hold Maru...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Aniket Biswas hi cb, bpcl intraday short sell target...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- DVL Sir LICHF short term tgt pls...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir what levels can see in Wabag?...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- lavanya Hi CB, your view on Equitas for today...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Sripathi Intraday Call : Buy LICHSGFIN @ CMP Wi...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB ill be back in 30 min...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi vinu, dish can test 96. adani power...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- vinu dish tv and adanipower for intraday??...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi dinesh, Good morning.its facing som...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- dinesh hi cb gm. your view on bank of baroda ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- Arnav Hi CB,Good morning, your view on bank ...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17
- CB Hi AJ, can add hsil on dips near 302-3...In Intraday calls for 23-02-17