BHEL Q3 net falls 17.5% at Rs 1,182 cr
Demand hurt due to coal and gas shortages, delay in govt approvals and scarcity of funds
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, India’s top power equipment maker, missed analyst estimates with a 17.5% fall in third-quarter net profit, hit by a slowdown in new orders, sending its shares down more than 4%.
India’s power sector has been badly hit by shortages of coal and gas supplies, delays in environmental approvals for power and mining projects and drying up of funding — severely denting the demand for equipment.
Net profit at the state-run company fell to Rs 1,182 crore in the quarter ended December 31 from Rs 1,433 crore in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts, on average, had expected a net profit of Rs 1,384 crore.
BHEL’s order book stood at Rs 1.14 lakh crore, down from about Rs 1.22 lakh crore at the end of September.
At 12.33 pm, shares of BHEL were down 3.7%, while the broader market was down marginally.
Source: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- AzQ Sir, Can you comment on Gujarat Apoll...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- mrp Hi CB , Everest Ind, supreme ind , ni...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- CB Hi Finfreak, Kitex above 478 can test ...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- Finfreak CB Sir, Please share views on Kitex...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- CB Hi ND, as of now seems like a flattish...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- NIZ "Assume that you have bought a 10 year...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- HiteshG Dear CB Sir, Wishing you a very Happy...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- NIZ sir my holdings lic @336 religare @ 36...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14
- ND Sir, Also suggest target for AuroPharm...In Muhurat Trading - 23-10-14