BHEL Q3 net falls 17.5% at Rs 1,182 cr
Demand hurt due to coal and gas shortages, delay in govt approvals and scarcity of funds
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, India’s top power equipment maker, missed analyst estimates with a 17.5% fall in third-quarter net profit, hit by a slowdown in new orders, sending its shares down more than 4%.
India’s power sector has been badly hit by shortages of coal and gas supplies, delays in environmental approvals for power and mining projects and drying up of funding — severely denting the demand for equipment.
Net profit at the state-run company fell to Rs 1,182 crore in the quarter ended December 31 from Rs 1,433 crore in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts, on average, had expected a net profit of Rs 1,384 crore.
BHEL’s order book stood at Rs 1.14 lakh crore, down from about Rs 1.22 lakh crore at the end of September.
At 12.33 pm, shares of BHEL were down 3.7%, while the broader market was down marginally.
Source: Business Standard
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- Sanjay I want to buy 8k mile plz give me sugg...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- seema What is your take on Axis and Reliance...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Aniket Biswas hi cb, btst idea target plz...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- mrp Hi cb , holding yes bank, kotak bank &...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- ajit Hi CB sir, I have bought bajaj auto at...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir what levels can see in Coal Ind...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prathmesh CB sir as you told Wabag is 573 now......In Intraday calls for 27-02-17
- Prasadvsn27 Hi cb sir good afternoon. Please view ...In Intraday calls for 27-02-17