Buy Ambika Cotton Mills – Call closed – 148% returns as on 09-04-10
CALL CLOSED (LONG TERM INVESTORS – HOLD IT) Buy Ambika Cotton mills. Current market price: 74.90. Long term target: 149.80. Book value: 189.30. P/E ratio: 3.57
The Company’s principal activity is to manufacture and market cotton yarn. Its cotton yarns are used for manufacturing of shirts and T Shirts. Its plant is located in Kanniyapuram, Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu. The Company operates only in India.
The company has been working on value added products which yield better margins. To reduce power costs, Ambika has planned to increase the present installed capacity for wind energy from 13.8MW to 17.8MW by installing five windmills of 800kW each at an estimated cost of Rs21.48 crore.
Year Month Dividend (%)
2008 Jun 20
2007 Jun 25
2006 Jun 20
2005 Jun 20
2004 Jun 16
2003 Jun 16
2002 Jun 12
2001 Jun 12
2000 Jun 12
1999 Jul 18
1998 Jul 18
1997 Jul 18
YEAR EVENTS 1988 – The Company was originally incorporated as Ambika Cotton Mills Private Ltd as a Private Limited Company on 6th October , in the State of Tamil Nadu, and subsequently converted into a Public Limited Company on 5th September, 1994.
– The Company was promoted by Shri P K Ganeshwar, Shri M Rathanasamy and Shri P V Chandran, for setting up a cotton spinning mill. The mill, located in Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, commenced operations in January 1990. The project, with an initial capacity of 6048 spindles was part-financed by a term loan from State Bank of India. The Company carried out an expansion scheme to add certain back-process machinery in February 1991, which was also funded by the State Bank of India.
1992 – The company began implementation of an expansion project to double its spindlage to 12096 spindles by the addition of 6048 spindles. This project which was financed by means of a medium term loan from State Bank of India and the State Bank of Mysore on a consortium and through a Deferred Payment Guarantee limit from IDBI. The project was successfully completed in March 1993.
1994 – The Company added Comber machines to its production line and humidification system. This was funded by SIPCOT through a term loan of Rs. 90.86 lacs.
– The Company currently manufactures combed and carded cotton yarn of counts ranging from 30’s to 40’s. These are used by hosiery manufacturers to convert the same into fabric or garments.
2000 – The Company has chalked out a Rs 14-crore expansion-cum-modenrisation programe.
SMS Alerts, no more page refreshes required
Search Our Archives
- Stocks Trading above their 50 day moving average - DMA In Stock Research
- Download free Ebooks based on Technical Analysis In Personal Training
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Highest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- TOP 100 Stocks with the Lowest P/E as on July 14th, 2013 In Stock Research
- Charting Pathsala - Your guide to Techincals In Technical Analysis
- lokesh hi...In Stock screener for NSE
- Harshal Hello Sir, I have entered IOC and Veda...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Samuel Manappuram Finance Ltd. Bought @ 79...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Somnath Hi Sir, Any intraday call for tomorrow...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Vasavi Hi cb SpiceJet short term target ?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Shaurya Hindalco intraday target?...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir.......... cash intraday boug...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- samir GM sir cash intraday bought mc dowe...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- trader buy m&m 1180 pe @1.65...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- mani Sir, About today target for vedl wh...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17
- Latish Hi Samrudhi, I think you have typo,...In Intraday calls for 24-01-17